Monday, August 26, 2013

Relay for Life


I had a chance to go to my first relay for life that was in my hometown Gooding. I was asked to perform with a friend Kendra Cockerham for the candle ceremony. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. It has been a very long time since I have done anything in front of people. Once we got started I just got caught up in the song and all my nerves went away ( maybe it was because It was pitch black outside so I knew nobody could see me, that maybe helped) 

These paper bags lined the trail all around the fairground. Each one has a name of someone who is fighting or has fought cancer. It kinda took my breath away to see so many people who have been affected by cancer.

I had a blast catching up with a old friend and playing for such a talented singer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...That is awesome! Good for you friend! and you look smokin hot in this picture! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete