Sunday, March 23, 2014

Life

I found this quote not to long ago, from the moment I read it I fell in love with it! 
(Such a good quote huh!!!)
There are times in life where... sorry there is no other way to put it..... SUCK! But after the suck-ie part of life has past looking in hind sight I see all the blessing that came from the suck-ie time. Growing up whenever I would complain about....well anything girls come up with to complain about (which is endless some days) my mom would always say "count your blessings" (Which would drive me crazy). Such a simple concept but so easy to forget. So lately I have been trying my best to take my moms great advice.
  I AM so incredibly blessed. I have a wonderful supportive husband, bills are paid, a warm home in winter, a semi cool house in summer, comfy bed, pinterest account (don't judge, It helps make yummy food), running car, 2 dogs, stray cats (to eat the evil mice!), food in my fridge, an amazing family, and I live in a great community. And the list goes on!
My mom is such a smart lady! So instead of being bitter through the "suck-ie" times I am challenging myself (and anyone reading)to focus on blessings from the start. 

3 comments:

  1. Pinterest and Stray cats. You get me;) Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I think we all know that we have a lot of blessings, and that we are happy when we take time to notice them..... but it is so much easier to dwell on the things that are difficult! That is something that I definitely have to work on... but you are amazing for doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote Mekala! You are so great at focusing on the positive! Great job making that sweet lemonade with those "suck-ie" lemons! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete