Friday, September 28, 2012

Greenish Thumb?

I am so proud of myself! I grew up helping my mom plant and take care of a garden, but this year.......I planted my very first garden ALL BY MYSELF!!!! Whats even more impressive.....IT LIVED! When we lived in Twin falls I was convinced I had one of the blackest thumbs, I couldn't keep a easy house plant alive. Since moving out to Dietrich I have been able to keep many house plants alive. So I decided to try my luck with a  garden. I have really enjoyed having a garden for the most part. Next year should be better! This year there was almost weekly phone calls to either my mom,sisters, or my mother in law asking how the heck to do something! Without the help of these guys I'm sure I would of had the best watered weed patch in the Magic Valley :)
Now if I were good at this blogging thing I would of thought ahead and got a picture of my garden when it was pretty and everything was in bloom. Well.....I didn't. My potato plants are already half dug, and my beans are all done due to a earlyish frost. But everything else is still going strong. So don't mind the ugly dead looking spots
Like my garden decoration ;) Hank thinks it's the best looking part of our garden. When we moved here there was this snowmobile right in my lawn. After MUCH nagging to my husband to get rid of it..........its still here. So I decided to just plant my garden around it.

I planted a row of Zinnia's in front of the garden ( Thanks Devri for telling me about these flowers) I have LOVED them!  We got a little bit of a frost a couple weeks ago, it kinda made some of them die, but they are still very colorful and pretty.

6 comments:

  1. I can't keep anything alive in this apartment either! Though, I'm convinced it's something in the apartment and not me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowmobile is hilarious!! And seriously... you rock. I didn't plant a thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...yah! You rock!!! It looks so good Mek! and yes, I did laugh out loud when I saw the snowmobile!!! HAHA!!! Funny...it adds lots of character and I can see why it would be Hanks favorite part ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I forgot...cute blog page! You are gonna have to help me out and redo mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jami, fingers crossed that Zeb doesn't see this or you will have snowmobile lawn ornaments popping up all over your lawn too.

    And Mekala, I am super impressed. The Zinnia's are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, thats what I say it was to in Twin ;)
    Jaelynn, you moved in the middle of summer. I didn't plant anything last year right after we moved here.
    Come on Jami......put one in yours. It could become the cool Bingham thing to do ;) I will work on Christine to have her put one of her broken down ones in hers too!
    Thanks Kim, I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete