Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring Fever

So I'm a girl who loves me some winter! Really, I know people think I'm crazy but I love the cold gloomy days of winter. They make me smile all the down into my belly! But I am also always excited for the change of seasons. The other day we made it to a whole 32 degrees outside (it has warmed up even more in the last week). In January we had I think 4 days that were above freezing so it was a cold  month. But it was feeling really warm outside, so what do I do....I head outside with my work cloths on and my shovel in hand. I got started cleaning out my flower beds, trimming my bushes, and pulling out dead weeds. Trying to make room for spring to move in. I worked outside for a while and it just made me feel so good.  But eventually the cold made its way into my insides and I had to head back inside.  Something about getting dirt under your fingernails makes a girl feel alive again! 

Here's a little something that I am excited to see again ....flowers!
 April showers bring May flowers!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm hopeful that if YOU say you are ready for spring, the Big Guy up stairs will realize that it has been far too cold for anyone's good, and that spring needs to get here. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am itching for Spring as well!!! Good for you for doing yardwork anyways!

    ReplyDelete